Thursday, June 12, 2014

YAHOOOOOO!!!

Well, it took almost two weeks but, I did it!

http://www.ekantipur.com/photo-gallery/2014-06-11/1947/21750

I have officially been published! I'm hoping much more are to come of course, and being printed in the Post would be awesome! For now, an online photo? Heck yes I'll take it!

Things work a lot differently here in Nepal, and getting myself adjusted to the culture and the way of life has taken a bit of time. Not that I'm any Nepali expert (I still got lost on 2 busses and 2 taxi's by myself today; life is rough when your American accent makes Kantipur sound like Kirtipur, someone please look up the distance difference, haha), however, I'm working now, people are starting to learn my name and offering to help show me around. I'm getting a hang on the computer system and I'm positive that once I can find my way around, (hopefully eventually by bus), nothing will be able to hold me back... accept maybe the language barrier.

Anywho- onward to bigger and better things! Today was a great step in the right direction!

So grateful for this opportunity, I'm learning so much.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job, I love reading about your adventures:) I know 99% of the world is friendly and with your wonderful personality and smile they will love you as much as we do :)
    lov ya,
    grannnnnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first published photo - that is definitely a big deal. May it be the first of many to follow... Next time you get a clueless cab driver (there is a high chance of this happening), try saying "Teenkunay" (the three-cornered park near the Post campus) or "Naya Baneshwar" (the neighborhood). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kantipur...Kirtipur...YIKES!! Glad that things are going better now.

    ReplyDelete