Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Purple Water Bottle

This is so stupid but I think it generalizes Kathmandu for me, today I finally after 18 days bought a water bottle. We (Me, Hannah, and Tessa) went into Thamel this morning to pick up posters we had printed yesterday for our photo show on Thursday and to start hanging them. We had to stop in a "super market" to find some tape... and finallllly I had the chance to stop and buy a water bottle! No more re using plastic ones or buying them while I'm out! I finally am the delightful owner of a new Nalgene (made in the USA) purple water bottle. Water is like gold here and having a sturdy water bottle can make all the difference in the world. Little things like buying a reusable water bottle can take up to 18 days to get accomplished here, and so when you finally do it, it is cause for celebration!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's. I love the pictures of the beautiful women at the well. I will also think of them when i turn on the faucet to get a drink and be thankful. Happy you found a water bottle you can refill-------i hope refilling the bottle is easy, where do you get the water and is it safe to drink?
    hugs,
    granny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my home or office I can refill my bottle for free, it is safe! :)

      Delete