Monday, June 16, 2014

And again!

Here is my photo that was published today! With my name!
http://epaper.ekantipur.com/epaper/kpost/page/16


Yesterday me and two housemates, Hannah and Tessa, visited Maiti Nepal which is an awesome organization here that works to combat Human Trafficking of women and children in the area. They have rehabilitation homes, transit homes, prevention homes and programs, they work with the law, they lead busts of brothels, that provide health and medical lessons and treatments, they do so much. Though I recently just heard of them I can tell you that their facility is run differently that most places here in Kathmandu. Be sure to look them up!

The day before yesterday I had my first visit to Monkey Temple, and it was beautiful. Tons of monkeys of course, and they are so so so cute.

Yesterday I ate some momos with Ram and had some milk tea as we waited for the rain to stop, after getting his flat tire fixed. I had emailed in some photos to the post earlier.

We are planning another show in Thamel for Thursday so we've been trying to spread the word about that and get posters made and hung, as well as photos together from all the photographers.

I'm also in my spare time trying to get certified properly for coaching figure skating to make sure I can bring my students to tests and competitions formally this season.

So to say the least I have a ton going on! Off to have another adventure filled day!

1 comment:

  1. You sound pretty happy Bri...sorry about the cravings for home foods....glad your pictures are turning out well....and you are learning so much....we just got home today from Jocelyn's birthday ...

    ReplyDelete