Friday, June 13, 2014

An Awesome Day

Reasons why today was awesome:

  1. I was published online for the first time http://www.ekantipur.com/photo-gallery/2014-06-11/1947/21750
  2. I was published in The Kathmandu Post (on the second page might I add) http://epaper.ekantipur.com/epaper/kpost/page/2
  3. I was published in The Kantipur Daily http://epaper.ekantipur.com/epaper/kdaily/page/19
  4. I walked around the blue market with a friend and came up with an idea of a wonderful gift for myself, (still thinking about it though).
  5. I took a bus from the bus park... AND ended up AT THE KATHMANDU POST!
  6. I edited and submitted photos at the office, and said hi to three staff photographers and two security guards (who now recognize me and let me in without having the pass code).
  7. I took a bus from Kantipur to Bhat Bhateni... AND ended up AT Bhat Bhateni!
  8. I walked home with the biggest smile on my face everrrrrr.
Did I mention I was published in three places within 24 hours?
Did I mention I successfully took two, not one but two, busses by myself today?

Good days feel that much better when they follow some pretty crappy ones. 
All in all amazing day here in Kathmandu. I'm so grateful that Ohio University and Scripps Grant Foundation are helping me make this dream a reality. I'm learning so much.

8 comments:

  1. So happy for you Bri....great news....love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that happy face of yours :) Congrats!!!!
    hugs,
    grannnnnnnny

    ReplyDelete
  3. well we always heard that Friday the 13th was supposed to be "lucky" ... so ...
    congratulations Bri ... Karen & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Bri!! That is so awesome!
    Love you,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete