Friday, May 30, 2014

This just got real...

Sitting in the airport in Detroit at the moment waiting to board my flight to Philadelphia. It was hard leaving home this morning- quite honestly saying goodbye to Oliver and Otis (my dogs) was the hardest part.

It's just that being home is comfortable. I have people that will care for me all around and I don't have to be so responsible the whole time. I love my comfy bed and the full kitchen access. Our couch is comfy and it's summer time in Michigan. 

But my time has come, this is it. My whole life all I've wanted to do is travel the world and take photographs. If this isn't my chance quite frankly I'm not sure what is.

I woke up at 4:15 am this morning and my first thought was "I'm not ready, no not yet." And let me tell you from personal experience that's the worst possible thought you can have. But I'm just scared and to be perfectly honest: change? I suck at it. I'll love it there and I'll love this entire experience it's just scary to say goodbye to my comfortable house with my loving family for so long. I will always be scared and as Summer my older sister told me this morning "you'll always want one more moment." 

But here I go- I'm living it out- my new life motto: "if not now, then when?" Because seriously? I'm 20. It all starts today, with this first flight to Philedelphia!


No comments:

Post a Comment