Wednesday, May 14, 2014

An I Owe You...

Today Summer, Amanda, and I drove down to Birmingham to visit our favorite currency exchange business. Summer was successful in receiving Mexican Pesos, Amanda received her Indian Rupees, and I received a lovely receipt that pretty much says I Owe You. Being that the Nepalese Rupee isn't the most common bill that the business exchanges for customers the owner had to place a custom order for me today. I left my US Dollars with him and chatted a bit about my plans for Nepal. I'm now just waiting on a call from him to say that they have arrived, then another half hour drive down to pick them up!

I also got my hair cut today in hopes of making the care a little bit simpler while I'm over there.

I started laying out my clothes the other day across my bedroom floor. I bought some really nice pants the other day with my mom at the mall that I think will serve me well with the heat and the rain over there but also help me look at least semi-professional while I'm working. I also ordered some custom Chacos, (high quality walking sandals)! I'm very excited about them and can't wait for them to get some serious use out in Kathmandu!

Its getting so close! 16 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes, and 34 seconds! So much to still do! Trying to enjoy my last little bit at home too though!

No comments:

Post a Comment