Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm Rich! ... Or Am I?

Well, my I Owe You paid off and I received my Nepalese Rupees today! The drive home from Birmingham was absolutely miserable but at least I got to sit next to my dad the whole time.

Not sure the exact strength and dependence on a Nepalese Rupee so I feel like I traded in my green bucks for... well I'm not sure what. The bills look old and used but thats all the beauty in it right? Had a nice little chat about the worth of each bill also with the man at the currency exchange office. Ten Nepalese Rupees are worth about twelve cents in US Dollars. It'll will be pretty cool to have a grasp on the bills and the cost of everything over there. I remember coming home from Mexico last summer and in the air port we used US money for the first time in over a month and it just looked and felt so weird, not to mention a coffee suddenly was extremely expensive.

I'm excited to look at this time in Nepal more like "moving" there, for a short time be it, but ten weeks is just a bit too long to call a vacation. I'll be un packing, moving in, making my self comfortable. I'll be finding my favorite place to stop and buy some chocolate and fully re adjusting my sleep schedule. I'll forget that everyone back here in the states is asleep when I'm awake. I'll get sick of the food and then eventually just adjust my tastebuds to it. This is no just get through it, see what its like and try to survive, this is the real deal.

... lets just hope the Nepalese Rupees I have lying next to me are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment