Friday, May 2, 2014

Preparation Time

Well yesterday, I finally wrapped up my sophomore year of undergrad. I took my last exam at 8 am and by 9:25 am I was checked out of my dorm and on the road with my tiny car shoved full of nearly my whole life. Immediately once back in Novi I drove straight to the doctors office to pick up my immunization records. At four I had an appointment with a travel doctor to get Hepititus A and Meningitis vaccinations. I left with I don't even know how many prescriptions also. We talked about how the elevations was going to feel and things I probably shouldn't do while in Kathmandu.

I've sent my flight intenerary to all of my program coordinators and been warned on what to do once I get to the airport. Now as a pretty adventurous person it takes a lot to scare me... But this email managed to get even me a little worried. It's a matter of avoiding locals trying to scan me out of my money or drive off with any of my bags. I'm not too concerned though as long as I find the IFRE man with a card that says my name all will be well. 

I've also been in contact with my host father Nardev who has told me about my (lack of a) dress code for work and that his family rarely eats meat and me being a vegetarian will not be of any inconvenience to him or his family. I've heard really positive things about him and his family from various sources and I'm really hoping it all works out. Not going to lie though going to a place primarily vegetarian really takes a load of concern off my shoulders. 

Now that school is out of the way I'm in full blown planning mode! This part is the really fun and exciting part! All of it will be figured out in just the next 27 days 19 hours and 33 minutes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment