Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Productiveness in Kathmandu

It is really impressive to have a very productive day here in Kathmandu. The lifestyle is so slow moving that getting anything done takes quite a while. What I got done today might not impress any of you back home but, considering, I am quite pleased with myself.

With a recent spur of the moment decision to visit a friend in India (hopefully) I went to the Indian Embassy this morning to apply for a visa. I then met with my translator to discuss upcoming project ideas. I then grabbed a bus and walked to the post office... hmmmmmm I wonder what I did there??? ;) I then walked a bit and got some momos for lunch. Next I met a friend and walked her through what we call the Blue Market. Next we headed to the Monastery where she teaches English to Buddhist Monks with her brother (Tessa and Nick) , which was really fun to go see! Then we headed to the place where her family is staying her in Kathmandu and picked up her sister! From there we went to the Orphanage where she is teaching English and that was really fun to see, (I'm a big lover of children of the orphan and semi-orphan variety). We then made it home for dinner and some hanging out on the roof.

Long day though and I'm working on trying to buy a plane ticket.

Sleep is needed though. More detailed posts to come. Been so busy lately, but happy and really starting to love this place now that all of the culture shock has worn off. I know my way around sort of, and can manage the busses now which is the best feeling ever. Anyway I have to sleep. Namaste.

7 comments:

  1. ok ... i'll play - I love games. What did Bri do at the post office? hmm ... you checked all the wanted posters to see if you recognized anyone??? steve (oh wait that might be too vague)
    steve, uncle steve, bri's friend steve, gmagries' son steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I've always thought of you as an uncle but seems the new hip thing to do is call you my friend, either way works for me! :)

      Delete
  2. Ha Steve. From the way Bri described the post office a few posts ago, I'd guess she might have done a bit of sweeping; moping; scrubbing; and sorting.....who guessed the closest Bri? love you, gmagries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha, I did actually pick up a few pieces of trash while in there and put them in my bag to throw out later...

      Delete
  3. I hope your visa gets approved! I'm so excited for you to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I go back on the 7th, and hopefully I can purchase my ticket soon! I'm having some... difficulties... but I'm sure you know what thats like :) ohhhh Asia...

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are really enjoying Nepal and knowing how to get around town.
    Aunt Diane (aka grannnnny)
    hip thing to call your gramm :)

    ReplyDelete