Friday, July 11, 2014

Chitwan!!!

Well guys I made it! It was quite an adventure getting here, (a six hour bus ride on Nepali roads is exactly how I define adventure), but sooooo worth it! So far I've had lunch and dinner here and let's just say I am in no way complaining! Yummmmm. I had a great tour guide today to show me around the village and I've already seen so many different animals including wild crocodiles and wild rhinos! I saw tons of elephants too but those weren't wild. I met a guy here from the Netherlands and he seems to be doing a similar program as me so we stuck together today and went to the planned cultural program tonight. Lets just say there was a dance with a man dressed as a peacock, and well, if you  know anything about me it's that humans dressed up in large outfits pretending to be something they're not, aka Rufus the Bobcat, clowns, any mascot, etc., NOT my thing. So I laughed awkwardly and am now super wiped out from my extremely long day.

Tomorrow has great possibility but I'm not going to jinx it so hopefully I'll have great surprises for tomorrow's blog post!

And on a great note I have wifi here!

Chitwan is awesome though and just having a break from Kathmandu to breathe fresh air and sleep in a new place outside of the noisy city is just a great opportunity. So I'm going to soak every last bit up and get ready for bed. ... It's so quiet here, really, I'm so excited to sleep!!! Namaste from Chitwan!

6 comments:

  1. Good night, and God Bless.....I am getting dinner ready for your American family. Fried cabbage; pulled pork sliders; homemade mac and cheese; stirfry broccoli & snap peas; breads & spreads; nuts; candies; cherries; grapes; and mango cheesecake...and oh yes, mashed potatoes.....yum! love you, gma. ps: is your mouth watering yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good night, and God Bless.....I am getting dinner ready for your American family. Fried cabbage; pulled pork sliders; homemade mac and cheese; stirfry broccoli & snap peas; breads & spreads; nuts; candies; cherries; grapes; and mango cheesecake...and oh yes, mashed potatoes.....yum! love you, gma. ps: is your mouth watering yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. two things suddenly occur to me: 1) I need to return Bri's welcome home costume; and 2) I'm starving ... steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve- hahahahahahahaha, please do.

    Grandma- that was just plain mean! But sounds delicious and im sure they were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Steve is just too funny and i love it :)
    Make me laugh, i could see the image in my mind of the Peacock and your face :)
    That dinner gramma Nan made sounds really good.
    Love you, grannnnny

    ReplyDelete