Friday, August 8, 2014

Goodbyes

It is time for good byes.

My last trip to Bhat Bhateni.
My last time in Thamel.
My last giggle at the monkeys.
My last dhal bhat.
My last Saturday morning Shila's pancake.
My last time petting Tommy.
My last time getting a taxi.
My last time riding a bus.
My last time on a motorcycle.
My last night sleeping in these god for saken beds.
My last shower.
My last outfit.
My last hug and laugh and time saying "Namaste."


It is my last of a lot more things too, like my last time at the office and my last photo published in The Kathmandu Post. My last Hindu festival, and my last time walking out of that front blue gate.

I'm sad.
I'm sad to leave another home of mine behind.
I'll miss it for always. The feelings and memories and experiences here, I'll miss them for always.

All of that being said- if someone turned around tomorrow and offered me a chance to stay another day, week, or month, I would without a doubt in my mind turn it down. I want to go. It is time to go home.

So I will board a plane and wave good bye. Then board another plane, and then another, and finally in approximately 61 hours, I will be in Detroit, my birthplace and homeland, hugging my mom and eating McDonalds. Sounds gosh darn fabulous to me.

1 comment:

  1. Yep...it sure does.....welcome home Honey.....write to us when you have time....love, gmagries

    ReplyDelete